February 23, 2005

Can't sleep redux

Awake at 3 for no apparent reason.
Intruders? Fire? Cat jumping on my head?
None of these....just aware again.
So, might as well make an attempt to be productive.
Put on the coffee.
Let's see....too early to do laundry and running the vacuum is out (neighbors would rightly complain). Likewise with plugging in the guitar.
So I will sit and sort paperwork - it has needed to get done for a long time: my piles have their own piles now.
But first I will read some blogs and the forum.
And then I will write here.
I think the coffee is done now.
But I really want to just crawl back into bed. So I make it instead thinking that the smooth surface cover will remove the temptation. And, to my mild astonishment, it works.
My thoughts have, by now, realized that I am up and vulnerable once again to their attack. So motivation (the little coward) creeps back into its cubby hole waiting for the day that I can once again fully utilize it.
And the paper landscape strewn around my desk chair will be allowed to form its own terrain for yet another day.
Early mornings are great - quiet, calm, peaceful...no phones ringing, no demands....only me. Ohhhh....there lies the problem. I get it now.
The coffee sucks.

No comments: