February 28, 2005

Strange Dream

This nocturnal surrealistic drama lasted for what seemed like hours. I owned an old 1991 Carravan, a 1975 Nova with a sprung unibody suspension, a 1968 Corvette (red, of course) and an '88 Audi 5k. All of them were parked around a one block radius.
The Audi is the only one I actually own although I used to have a '75 Nova with a tracking problem a long time ago.
The dream consisted of my moving stuff from the minivan to the other vehicles. And this stuff consisted of everything from guitars and clothing to moldy bags of old potato peelings. Obviously, I would want to fit it all into the 'vette, but, given the small storage possibilities in that car, it wouldn't all fit. The other autos were used for staging areas and I carried bag after bag of crap from one to the other.
I woke up exhausted.
I assume this means that I want to move my life around. Looking deeper, I guess this also concerns leaving a more materialistic life behind since the detrius of my life wouldn't all fit into the most expensive vehicle in the sequence.
I don't know what I eventually ended up doing. The alarm clock tends to forestall climactic endings and there is hardly ever a sequel.
What I find most strange, though, is that I actually remembered this dream. I hardly ever do that....so why this one?
Maybe someone is just going to give me a Corvette today....

No comments: