February 16, 2005

I hate packing lunches...

Now that I work downtown, I find that it is not only more efficient but also substantially less expensive to pack a lunch than to find sustenance downtown.
I'm all for supporting local business, but when choices are $5 for a bowl of soup or $7.50 for a grilled ham and cheese (even if it includes chips), packing a lunch for $1.25 seems the better choice.
However, home fixings are usually lacking in variety unless I have had the foresight to stock up on pita/hummus/etc.
I can see why peanut butter and banana came to be: out of desperation for variety, somebody made the leap.
I've tried the thermos of chili but that entails heating it up first thing in the morning which, at least on some mornings, is the last thing I want to be doing.
I've tried the bread, cheese and sausage route which is fine when canoeing but loses some of its luster when eaten at the desk.
Could I use one of the microwaves here to heat up leftovers or a pre-packaged frozen something? Sure I could. Of course, you've not checked on the state of public microwave ovens lately have you? Would you place anything edible in something in this:


Yuck Posted by Hello

So, I will continue to be bored at noon and, hopefully, can make up for it with culinary excellence during the dinner hour.

No comments: