April 13, 2005

How pathetic...

to be reduced to posting old Beatle's lyrics for yesterday's post. I apologize.

I mean, if I can't come up with an original idea or two a day, I might as well just give up.
But that would be redundant...the giving up thingie, I mean. Done that already and, even though I don't like it now and wouldn't go back, at the time it was a pretty acceptable way to live. At that point in my life you coulda come up to me and whacked me alongside my head with an omelette pan and I would have bobbed and weaved my way back upright like a blow-up punching bag.
Most likely with a dopey smile on my face.
Not now, though. If you were to do the same thing to me now, I would crash to the floor taking as much breakable stuff down with me and, even if I was still conscious, I would not get back up. But you can bet I would have an attorney on your ass pretty quick for walloping me in the first place.
Since I can't win the lottery yet need large amounts of cash, that would be one way to help the coffers.
In fact, I might just start selling tickets to do just that. Now if I could just find that omelette pan...

No comments: