April 27, 2005

sometimes:

Sometimes my own innate stupidity far outshadows anything the world can throw at me. A cup of coffee sounded great earlier this evening, so I made some. But since making just one mugfull seemed silly, I brewed half a pot and proceeded to consume it for the next couple of hours. Now, I am jittery and very awake (no surprise there!) and resigned to not sleeping for the nearly-upon-me nocturnal space of time.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Sometimes I procrastinate (some of you are shouting "No way!", I know). To the point that when I finally get around to doing something, it takes thrice the time it would have ordinarily taken. I offer balancing the checkbook as a prime example. Checks themselves wouldn't be so bad....it is the little receipts from the ATM machines and the checkcard purchases that create the problem. Do I have all of them? Can I even read the faded barely-legible-when-printed gas station pay at the pump slips of thermal paper? So, then, have to go online to check balances and each transaction to make sure that it is properly notated. I also spent over an hour shredding documents which, if I would have done it as I went through each day, wouldn't have taken any time at all. And then, with a cheap shredder, if you try to rush it, it gets jammed along the edges so there is time wasted digging out globs of curled up paper shreds that seem to have developed a patina of glue as soon as they hit the blades.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Sometimes I wish I wasn't such an idiot.

No comments: