April 29, 2005

I am on a mission

The plan tonight is to attempt to drink a 12 pack of Leinenkugel's before midnight.
And to smoke an entire pack of Dunhill menthols.
And to eat a 24oz. bag of Virginia peanuts.
Why, you may ask?
I dunno. It just seems like the thing to do at this point. I saw the psychiatrist today to confirm my medication needs and all seems good. I have a shitload of stuff to do tomorrow including going into work early.
But tonight? Nothing at all going on except reading and relaxing (and drinking and smoking).
The laundry will wait until the morn as will cleaning the abode...
An escape is what it is...no thoughts are able to crawl up through the tendrils of intoxication that would bother me overmuch.
And maybe...just maybe....I can draw on enough cognition after 5 or 6 to write a tune or two. Not that I will be able to read the scrawled lyrical notations when I finally emerge from my stupor.
Wish me luck.
Hopefully, I won't keep up a running monologue at various inebriated points throughout the night. If I do....I apologize now.

No comments: