April 11, 2005

Walk in the dark....

...with vodka.
Doesn't work very well.
After a couple of UV's on the rocks, I thought it would be a good idea to take a walk...clear my head...figure out the future...fight the despondency...sweep up the cobwebs...tear loose from the doldrums...decide on a course of action....well, you get the idea.
Problem is, after a couple of vodkas, walks tend to get a bit downgraded. The wind was whipping up my hair, slapping it into my face with annoying regularity like sapling branches. The streetlights in these parts are sparse, so there were only occasional pools of dim light like gas lanterns in a Jack The Ripper biographical 1940's vintage B&W flick. I found myself wandering aimlessly (let's not even go into the metaphor about my own life that phrase brings to mind) and decided I should just wander on home.
Took me a while to get my bearings, but I finally made it. Thought about just laying on the roof of the car in the driveway, but figured that would only hurt it's starting abilities in the morning so I declined the self-invitation.
Sure...and they say that a brisk walk does good for both mental and physical health.
I suppose they never took vodka into account.....

No comments: