June 9, 2005

Oh, and the cool thing is

My kid and I have a date tomorrow night to go shopping, go out to eat someplace, discuss the future and just relax.
Since she's met her boyfriend, there is a lot less time to spend together, so this should be very enjoyable. Especially since it will be her last day of high school.
Oh my...am I already feeling the onset of 'empty nest syndrome"?
Nah...at the rate she's going, she won't be moving out until she's thirty. Even if she gets married and has kids, they'll end up living with me. Which will be nice for a while: taking care of the old curmudgeon. But then I won't be able to take it anymore, so I'll move to a more tropical clime where they will have to visit me in order for me to babysit the grandkids.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Happy last-day-of-high-school-for-your -oldest-kid day. Mine was just last week...a milestone for sure :-)