June 2, 2005

That naudi audi...

So, the '88 Audi 5000S has been starting a lot better lately.
But methinks it has taken its new role a mite overly seriously.
Got home today, turned the key off and nothing happened.
I know - you'd expect to turn the key on and have nothing happen, but this was the polar opposite.
An interesting dilemma to be sitting in your driveway and not be able to shut the automobile off.
So now it looks like I'll have to get several toggle switches and engage the ignition in a keyless fashion. At the rate this is going, I'll eventually have toggle switches stuck through anyplace that has room on the dash since I expect most of the electronics in the steering column to start dying soon. Blinker? Toggle. Wipers? Toggle.
The damn thing will look like a fighter jet. And still won't run right.
I know what you're saying: "why don't you just get a new car?"
'Cause it's personal now. I will not be thwarted by an inanimate rolling turd!

No comments: