May 6, 2005

I live in a land of sunshine

I love thunderstorms.
So, I wait expectantly every winter for this time of the year - early spring when the cumulonimbus pile up to the stratosphere and release their magnificent energies for my personal enjoyment.
Imagine my disappointment annually, then, when these storms rage around me except in a radius of 2 miles centered on my residence!
Sure, it rains locally...sometimes very hard. And, from afar, I can hear the thunder and see the lightening creasing the darkening gloom.
But most of the time, the skies are much lighter here. Sometimes even (as tonight) sunny while the clouds bunched up in a circle around me.
Rainbows are popular in my skies. You'd think I was a CareBear or something. Sheesh.

2 comments:

clskye said...

Which one? This one:
http://www.care-bears.com/CareBears/html/about/funshine.html
Or this one:
http://www.care-bears.com/CareBears/html/about/cheer.html
The pink one makes me throw up a little.

donges said...

If I have to choose (which I am sorely dismayed about), I have to pick your first suggestion. Even after purusing the entire lineup, I have to go with Funshine bear.
Gack. What a way to start Saturday morning.