May 18, 2005

Technology loses things along the way

So yesterday I bought a can of V8. Not a plastic bottle with the screw cap, but an old fashioned metal can of the stuff.
I'm not sure why. Resealing it is impossible and you can't shake it before pouring (well, you can, but it sloshes contents indiscriminately).
And there is one more most important downside to buying in this way: you need an old fashioned churchkey type can opener to access the interior of the container!
And I didn't have one anywhere in any of my utensil caches.
Oh, I had my swiss army knife which has a can opener on it, but it creates a small slit instead of the larger (and smoother pouring) triangular shaped puncture.
I finally had to go to the garage and rummage through the camping gear in a desperate gamble that I would have thrown one in there. Luckily, I had indeed had the forethought to do so.
Way too much activity and stress for early morn.

No comments: