May 18, 2005

pathetic

I live in a very pc community. And this week, true to form, is "Bike To Work" week.
I am not participating. When queried as to why not, I respond with "Well, I smoke" and then shrug as if that should end the conversation. It usually does.
I did actually consider joining the pedalling throng but decided that without any preparation I would probably kick off from a heart attack halfway here and run off the bike path into the fringes of the lake where my body wouldn't be found until July.
But today, I saw the shallowest thing I have seen in a long time.
A guy pulled into the parking lot where I house my vehicle during the day, parked, pulled a bike out of the back of his Explorer and proceeded to nonchalantly crank his way the three blocks up the hill to downtown.
It is entirely possible that he was biking through downtown to somewhere else, but the circumstantial evidence shoots this theory down.
Unbelievable.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Pathetic indeed...unless what he's actually doing is avoiding parking fees.