May 2, 2005

Wanna know what kind of idiot I am?

Yesterday (and this should have been a portent of the way today was going to go), I had finished cooking and was cleaning up the kitchen. After wiping off the stove, I wanted to check if the front burner which I had been using was still too hot to put the burner cover back over it.
So, with my private internalized audience sucking in its collective breath with disbelief, I actually put the entire palm of my left hand on the fucking burner. Ordinarily, this wouldn't have been a problem, but I had neglected to turn the burner off in the first place!
I am such a complete moron. And now a moron without any distinguishing left palm print characteristics.
I should just be shot and hung up in the shed to dry.

2 comments:

clskye said...

All I can say is thank Buddha you don't own any firearms.

donges said...

Ain't that the truth!
I would have most likely set the small caliber handgun down on the burner which would have heated it up to the point where it went off and shot me in the ass.
Would have made a helluva blog entry, though...